Saturday, April 3, 2010

Upper and Lower Dash Panels '09 Wrangler X

Since I just started blogging I thought I would back track a little bit and update some of you on a recent modifications I have done on my '09 Jeep Wrangler X.  When I bought this jeep it was bone stock 255/75/16 tires, basic steel wheels and no fancy options, not many options at all actually.  One of the first things I did by myself with the jeep was to install a Daystar upper dash panel and Daystar lower dash switch panel.

At the tope of the center stack of the dash there is a basic flat panel that didnt serve any purpose.  Daystar has an upper DashPanel that makes some use of this space with a piece of plastic that has two spaces to put change, phone, glasses....etc. 

How I did it-  This one was simple.  I took a flat head screwdriver and stuck it behind the existing top panel and pried up.  There are no screws holding this panel on it is just snapped in.  The New upper dash panel does not come with the metal clips needed to hold it in place so be sure and retreve those from the stock panel.  After replacing the metal clips on the Daystar panel just pop it right back on, put the front of it in place first and then snap in the back.  DONE

At the bottom of the stack there is a flat peice of plastic with notihng on it.  This is where I chose to put my future switches for fogs, LED, driving lights....etc. 

How I did it- Much like the upper pannel the lower is not screwed in.  Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the plastic from the top.  It pops out.  Again save the Metal clips, put them on the new panel and in reverse put the Daystar switch panel back on. 

Easy-Cheap-Mod

No comments:

Post a Comment